PowaBear’s Agreement of Terms and Conditions
Last Update: April 2022
Welcome to PowaBear
The following terms and conditions govern your access to and the use of the PowaBear website, including any content, functionality, products and services offered on or through www.powabear.com. PowaBear (PTY) LTD. and its subsidiaries are collectively referred hereto as “Powabear” “we” “our” or “us” and “you” “your” or “user” means you as a user of the Site.
This Site is offered and available to users who are at least 18 years of age or of legal age to form a binding contract. By using the Site, opening an account or by clicking to accept or agree to the Terms and Conditions when this option is made available to you, you accept and agree to be bound by and abide by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not want to agree to these Terms and Conditions, you must not access or use the Site. Both Powabear as well as the user agree to deal with one another in mutual fairness.
PowaBear and the User agree to the following Terms and Conditions;
- PowaBear provides the website to the user for the purpose of advertising, purchasing or renting of its products and services, such access is provided at our sole discretion.
- By using our site or purchasing or renting products and services you agree that we will capture your personal data to create an account at Powabear.
- PowaBear shall only use such personal data referred to in point 2 for the purposes of providing you with our products and services and will comply with the protection of personal information regulations with regards to the use and storage of such data.
- You are solely responsible for any activity on your PowaBear account and for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your password.
- You agree to receive invoices and/or payment receipts from PowaBear in electronic form by email.
- For purchases of electronic products, you agree that it is your sole responsibility to familiarise yourself with the user manuals and/or voltage specifications of the PowaBear Mini UPS as well as the devices powered by our products. Failure to do so may result in damage to the UPS and/or any of the connected devices.
- Damage to any of your devices or PowaBear products due to negligence on your part will be for your account.
- User manuals for products purchased are available in your account. Login at www.PowaBear.com>My Account >Downloads.
- Contractual obligations for Purchases;
- Powabear will dispatch products to the address provided by courier after confirmation of the payment of the order.
- You must inspect products for functionality and faults within 24 hours of receipt.
- Should products be faulty during this time a replacement unit will be sent to you within 24 hours and the original products collected by the courier at delivery and returned to PowaBear for inspection.
- Should it be found upon inspection that the products have been damaged by an incorrect installation or has been tampered with or is fully functional you will be required to cover the cost of the courier and/or the products replaced whichever is applicable.
- A general replacement warranty will be provided by PowaBear for all products purchased that become faulty within 300 cycles (for UPS’s) or 1 year from the purchase date whichever comes first.
- Warranty replacements will be handled as per points c & d hereto.
- Contractual obligations for Rentals;
- Powabear will dispatch products to the address provided by courier after confirmation of the payment of the first month’s rental plus the courier fee.
- You agree to pay the ongoing rental fee on your elected monthly payment date through an authorised debit order or listed credit card without deduction or off-set.
- If the rental remains unpaid for more than 60 days Powabear may, and you hereby authorise us in our sole discretion to invoice you and debit your listed payment method the full retail purchase price of the product.
- You agree to a minimum contractual rental period of 24 months from the purchase date. You may cancel the rental agreement thereafter with 1 months’ notice by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and return the products by courier to PowaBear.
- You hereby agree that Rental units remain our property at all times.
- If we do not receive our products back by courier after 30 days of the cancelation date of the Rental period you hereby authorise us in our sole discretion to invoice and debit your listed payment method an amount calculated as follows =(retail price/36 *(36-number of months paid).
- Should products be faulty at any time during an active Rental period a replacement unit will be sent to you within 24 hours, no questions asked, and the original products collected by the courier at delivery and returned to PowaBear for inspection.
- Should it be found upon inspection that the products have been damaged by an incorrect installation or have been tampered with or are fully functional you will be required to cover the cost of the courier and/or the products replaced whichever is applicable.
You understand that by using the PowaBear website you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions in their entirety, you must not access or use the website for any purpose.